Download Pidgin and install it.
- Username: fill in your UID login from Dashboard > Settings > Personal > XMPP (Jabber)
- Domain: part of the UID after @ sign
- Password: use your Smartsupp password
- Go to Advanced > Connection Security > choose Use encryption if available
- Mark checkbox Allow plaintext auth over unencrypted streams and Save
- In last step select Enabled
You can switch status to Online or Offline.
You will see agents (your co-workers) who are online but it is not possible to chat with them. You can send message but the other agent will not receive it.
You will see a list of visitors on your website that you can chat with.
Important notice: write .help in conversation to see a list of helpful shortcuts