Keeping things up-to-date for you!
- Chat box
After months of preparation, we are excited to present to you a completely new and improved version of our chat box, enriched with a number of great features. What can you expect?
Innovations in Performance ⚡
We’ve optimized and reduced the chat box bundle size to create a minimal load on your website.
- This ensures faster website loading
- It has a positive impact on your lighthouse score
- It helps with better search engine ranking
We’ve completely redesigned the chat box and reduced the bundle size to only 83.6 kB, which is 58.4 kB less than in the previous version! At the same time, our chat box achieved an amazing 100% Lighthouse score (in the ‘Performance’ section), which is a big step forward compared to the previous version with 95%. With the new chat box, we are able to keep up with international competition and offer you a faster, more powerful, and modern solution for your business.
New Enhancements 🚀
New features, new possibilities: Take a look at the selection of the most interesting tools for you:
- Google Analytics 4 support provides comprehensive data on user behavior
- Adjustable sizing of the chat box for better readability
- An expanded set of super cool emoticons for more personal communication
- Redesigned file attachments for easier and more convenient file sharing
- Improved chatbot design enhances user experience
- An updated contact form helps you collect more leads
- Simplified chat box controls for easier communication
Modern Design ✨
A new fresh look combined with intuitive and practical controls:
- Attracts more customers and strengthens your brand
- Easy intuitive controls ensure a better user experience
- Provides easy and intuitive communication via mobile phone
We’ve also refined our chat box in terms of design and user experience. It is designed in a modern style that combines simplicity with intuitive and practical controls. Enhanced with new animations and interactions that will make communication through live chat more pleasant and convenient.
And, we’re not done, yet! We aim to constantly improve our chat box, so you can expect many new features in the future! :)
Use chatbot to check online store order statuses without the need for human intervention. Providing your customers with critical order status information means better customer service and happier return customers, all at the click of a button.
These statuses can be delivered to customers via chatbot, saving you loads of time and resources. Best of all, it is easy to set up–all you have to do is add a predesigned branch into a button that you could possibly name “Check Order Status”, and when the visitor clicks on it the chatbot automatically responds by helping the customer verify the status through a series of questions (Name, Order Number, or other relevant info).
We currently are working on this feature for Shoptet, but many more plugins will be supported for this soon as well. If you would like some more information about how this new feature works or how to set it up, be sure to check out this informative Help article on our page.
Tag your conversations with different labels to facilitate the organization of messages received from customers. Setting tags to your conversations helps you analyze customer requests at a glance, as well as categorize the tickets in depth so that you never lose sight of important conversations.
- You can then filter between these tags and use the visitor insights you receive to update or optimize the content of your website.
- Also, it is a great way to analyze customer request patterns while also improving your customer care based on the insights you find within these tagged conversations–most especially when using a chatbot, it can be leveraged to improve the automated response you are giving for a particular problem or difficulty that users frequently encounter.
Give it a try and you will see how this optimizes your daily tasks and overall customer care approach. 😉
Would you like to see how effective your automation really is? We are splitting chatbots and automatic messages into two separate tabs. This update will make it easier for you to evaluate how visitors interact with your chatbots and automatic messages, and therefore, how your automation is performing.
As you can see, we have renamed the ‘Chatbot’ tab to ‘Automation’. After clicking on the tab, you’ll be able to choose whether you want to edit your chatbots or your automatic messages, as they are both not one and the same thing.
You will then see a list of your chatbots or automated messages with their corresponding statistics, as is standard. We’ve updated both the desktop version and the Smartsupp mobile app as well. Lastly, only chatbot statistics will be displayed within the SmartHub.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us via the chat box in your dashboard and we’ll be happy to help. 🙂
Looking for more flexible chatbot conditions? Look no further! You are now able to choose whether you want your chatbot to be triggered when all conditions are met (AND), or simply when one condition has been met (OR). This allows you to combine various different scenarios for chatbot communication with visitors to deliver a more personalized online shopping experience, and also enables you to target visitors at the right time and place.
Put into practice, this could look as follows: Let’s say you want to trigger the chatbot only on your homepage and pricing page, but not on the other pages of your website. By using the OR condition, the chatbot will be triggered only on one of these two pages.
- Video recordings
Video recordings in Smartsupp empower you to easily spot trends in buyer behavior to help you optimize your website and improve business. You can now also see visitor video recordings paired with their corresponding live chat message. This is particularly useful for various business needs since you now have the specific conversation with a customer coupled with their movement on your site–here are just a few core benefits we can think of:
- Quickly identify the needs and preferences of your visitors for their next shopping experience, since you can see a video of their activity on your website in the chat info panel of their conversation with you, once they leave the page.
- Learn how to assist visitors more effectively, fix website issues, and optimize user experience. Paired video recordings with live chat show you where, why, and how that specific user encountered a problem, so that in the future you can avoid it from occurring again by literally seeing exactly how it happened and making the necessary page adjustments, rather than relying on visitor feedback alone.
- Benefit from a greater ease in identifying and assisting your best customers, those who you were chatting with in the past and that you know are more likely to make a purchase, especially since you can see what they are most interested in buying.
Your chatbot can be now used to receive visitors on your site before they contact a human on your customer care team. This helps free your team’s hands so that they can focus on the visitors who did not get answers to their questions through the chatbot alone.
So be it the essentials like providing opening hours, delivery details, shipping costs, and so forth, your chatbot offers your sales and customer care representatives the perfect first contact agent for potential customer inquiries. Read more.
- Mobile Apps
Working hard? Edit your chatbot on the go–stay ahead of the game when you are away from your desktop.
Simple and easy-to-use interface. Delivers a preview of your chatbot and also allows you to see its conditions. And if you wanna get weird and adventurous, you can even create a far-out chatbot with 500 nodes. 🙃
We’ve removed the option to set up online/offline status in the login page but you can still change the availability settings in the dashboard.
After logging in to your account, you’ll be automatically switched to online or offline status based on your last status. You can still manually switch to online or offline mode directly in the dashboard by clicking on your profile picture in the left panel.
Summer at Smartsupp was really hot. We managed to add some cool features and improvements we would like to share with you. Take a look at a brief summary of the the ones we added during June, July, and August 2021.
SmartHub - is a place where you can find useful information that will help you get ahead of your competitors. Go to SmartHub →
Chatbot duplication - Would you like to run the same chatbot just in a different language? Copy it!
Express yourself with GIF - Yes, it’s true. Now you are able to send GIFs to your customer in the chat.