Agents are the most important part of every live chat. They are people, who are communicating with visitors on your website. They are answering questions or helping your visitors to find the product they are looking for. But, before they can chat with your visitors, you need to create access for them in your Smartsupp account. In this tutorial, we will show you how to add new agents.
Adding a new agent is simple. Just go to Settings > Agents (1) and click on Add agent (2) button.
- Access level
- Full access – An agent can access all personal and company settings, including billing info/details. An agent can also chat with visitors. Recommended only for senior employees, or management.
- Limited access – An agent can only access history, recordings, and personal settings (i.e., their profile, shortcuts, notifications). This agent can also chat with visitors.
- Photo – Agent’s photo, that is displayed to your visitors, after an agent joins the conversation. It should be at least 100 x 100 px. Also, it’s better to use some profile photo, not some picture from your holiday.
- Name – Agent’s name that is visible in the dashboard.
- Name visible to visitors – Name that your visitor can see when chatting with the agent. Can be something general like “Support” or agent’s real name.
- Email – The email address that your agent use for login to the dashboard. We recommend using a business email address.
- Description – Can be a job position or personal motto. It’s displayed to visitors.
- Password – Used for dashboard login.
- Save – Don’t forget to save the changes.
After you created agents, you still need to give them permission, whether they can chat with your visitors or not. There are two types of agents based on this:
Active agent – This agent can chat with your visitors.
Inactive agent – This agent can access dashboard, settings, history and video recordings, but can’t communicate with visitors on your website. Ideal for management, or owner, to check statistics of agents, or change settings, access billing.
So, how can you activate or deactivate agents? Just slide the button to the right (activate) or to the left (deactivate).
The number of agents, that you can create in your account is not limited. However, the number of active agents depends on your current package.
In the FREE package, you can have three active agents.
In STANDARD or PRO package the number depends on how many agents you bought the subscription for. You can choose the number of agents when creating your package (the price of your package depends on the number of agents). If you are not sure, how many agents did you pay for, you can check your current package in the billing section.