Agents are the most important part of every live chat. They are people, who are communicating with visitors on your website. They answer questions or help your visitors to find the product they are looking for. But, before they can chat with your visitors, you need to create access for them in your Smartsupp account. In this tutorial, we will show you how to add new agents.
Adding a new agent is simple. Just go to Settings → Agents (1) and click on the Add agent (2) button.
- Full access – This agent can access all personal and company settings, including billing info/details. They can also chat with visitors. Recommended only for senior employees or management.
- Limited access – This agent can only access conversations, visitors, recordings, and personal settings (i.e., their profile, shortcuts, notifications). They can also chat with visitors.
After you created agents, you still need to give them permission, whether they can chat with your visitors or not. There are two types of agents based on this:
- Active agent – This agent can chat with your visitors.
- Inactive agent – This agent can access only statistics and settings, but can’t communicate with visitors on your website. Ideal for management, or owner, to check statistics of agents, change settings, or access billing.
So, how can you activate or deactivate agents? Just slide the button to the right (activate) or to the left (deactivate).
|Package||Number of agents|
* In STANDARD or PRO package the number depends on how many agents you bought the subscription for. You can choose the number of agents when creating your package (the price of your package depends on the number of agents). If you are not sure how many agents you pay for, you can check your current package in the billing section.
Any questions? Contact us at email@example.com